Monday, April 11, 2011

Homeless Bird by Gloria Whelan

I finish reading this book Homeless Bird.  It is about a young Indian girl forced into a tragic marriage with a terminally ill boy, through the experiences of widowhood, discovers the truth about who she is and what love is really means. Koly, the main character which is the young Indian girl who has just reached the age which tradition dictates she is eligible to be married. She will have a difficult life because it is not easy for her to take care of person who has tuberculosis. What I take out of this book is all about tradition and religious beliefs.  I have a great time reading this book and I hope all of people who read this book will enjoy as much as I did. Genre:
Linh Chieng
Grade 9

1 comment:

  1. I wish Gloria Whelan would make another Homless bird book, and make it connect to the cliff hanger in the first book. Please, it is a realy good book.

    ReplyDelete